Shared from – Chapeau Noir Blog – Trends in Golf Apparel.
The last time Chapeau Noir checked in with ECCO, hints at what was to come — namely, a move to more hybrid golf shoes — were subtley dropped. And with the ECCO BIOM Hybrid for 2012, that hint is becoming reality.
The ECCO BIOM Hybrid combines two of Chapeau Noir’s favorite golf shoes from 2011, the Golf Street and the BIOM, to create a delicious mashup that should prove ultra popular — here’s betting we’ll see ECCO man Fred Couples sporting this soon.
ECCO BIOM Hybrid for 2012. Click to view more photos.”Golf Street literally created the hybrid category, and it all began with the simple notion that a golf shoe can be much more than a golf shoe. That philosophy, along with decades of research and our foot-first approach to shoemaking, has now led to the phenomenal BIOM Hybrid,” said Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO.
Here are the product details, direct from ECCO.
- Is the first and only hybrid model for golf that is a true performance shoe
- Combines the award-winning Golf Street outsole with groundbreaking ECCO Natural Motion technology found in the company’s BIOM Golf style first introduced as part of the 2011 collection
- Mirrors the foot skeleton and uses the body’s natural system for absorbing impact
- Is built around a completely anatomical last developed by scanning more than 2,500 feet
- Features an all-day outsole with 100 molded TPU traction bars that create more than 800 traction angles for exceptional grip and stability on nearly any surface
- Has a triple-component insole unit to enhance cushion and performance
- Showcases a direct-injected midsole with flexible arch support and a stabilization bar specifically designed to enhance the golf swing
- Is crafted from Yak leather uppers that are naturally soft, smooth and breathable, yet three times stronger than other leathers
- Uses the ECCO Hydromax™ leather treatment for superior weather protection
At $190 (around 132€), the ECCO BIOM Hybrid will be available to U.S. consumers in December. Canadian availability is scheduled for early 2012. Download the ECCO BIOM Hybrid product spec sheet.